This Policy describes the ways that the Service collects, uses and discloses personally identifiable information (“PII”) relating to users of the Service. The Policy applies to PII that we collect ourselves as well as PII that is collected about you by third-parties that we work with.
• Us in ways that do not use the Service (for example, it does not apply to email messages that you may send to us directly, and it does not apply to other products or services that we may offer other than the Service), or
• Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible via the Service.
By visiting, accessing, using or downloading the Service, you agree to our collection and use of PII as this Policy describes. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and agree to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
The PII that we collect on or through the Service may include:
• Information that you manually enter into forms on the Service or in Third-Party Services like Mailchimp that we use to operate the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service, and when submitting Customer Content for publication in the Service. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Service.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Service.
• Search queries that you type into the Service’s search interfaces.
In these ways, we may ask you for your username, email address, links to your social media accounts, handles or pages, photos of you, payment information and information about how you have used the Service.
• Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
• Information about your Internet connection and your computer or other devices that you use with the Service, including your IP address, operating system, device type and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We collect this information to help us understand how people use the Service, how we can improve its speed and how we can make it easier for people to use it.
We use PII to:
• Provide the Service to you.
• Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• Let you know about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts that you enter into with us, including for billing and collection.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose PII to third parties except:
• to work with third-party companies that we use to provide or market the Service or other products that we offer (“Third-Party Services,” below);
• where we believe it is necessary to respond to legal claims asserted against us, to comply with legal process (e.g. warrants and subpoenas), to enforce or administer our agreements, to prevent fraud, for risk assessment, for investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others;
• to subsidiaries or affiliates that we may have today or in the future;
• to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets;
• with your consent; and
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of the Service, we will send the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
If you or an Affiliate or User choose to include any PII in any Customer Content, and that portion of the Customer Content is published in the Service, then we will also allow other Service users to view and access that PII.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include various Facebook tools, various Google tools and Mailchimp, and may include others in the future.
Third-Party Services collect, use and share PII pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. Some of them, including Google, may use location information and other PII to serve advertisements to consumers on other websites. By using our Service, you consent to our providing PII with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
For more information about how Google’s services use PII, see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.”
We use hashed passwords, communication over https and other reasonable efforts to protect your PII from unauthorized access, but we cannot and do not guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you consent to our using PII as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of PII by third parties unauthorized by us; and agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of PII.
You may update or edit some of the PII that we keep about you yourself through forms in the Service’s interfaces. If you wish to have us delete your PII, we will be happy to do so if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you use Do-Not-Track tools to prevent websites and software products from tracking your online behavior across websites, please be aware that we do not change the way the Service works (as described in this Policy) in response to requests not to be tracked. You may, however, be able to disable certain tracking signals used by individual Third-Party Services, which you may do by accessing those services.
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of PII except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
Please direct any questions about this Policy to email@example.com.